SUSTOUKA Project will allow MSMEs of the Tourism Sector of Kazakhstan to enhance their sustainability performance by implementing best SCP Practices and Travelife certification system.
The main expected outcomes of SUSTOUKA Project are:
- Improved sustainability and minimized environmental impacts of the MSMEs of the Tourist Accommodation Sector of Kazakhstan through the implementation of SCP Practices in a representative sample of these enterprises.
- Elaborated a practical guide with the best SCP Practices for the MSMEs of the Tourist Accommodation Sector of Kazakhstan.
- Certified a representative sample of MSMEs from the Tourism Sector of Kazakhstan in Travelife sustainability certification system.
- Elaborated practical guides for the implementation of Travelife certificate system among tourism MSMEs of Kazakhstan.
- Elaborated an awareness raising campaign to reach tourists and intermediate agents of the Tourism Sector in Kazakhstan in order to foster sustainable product consumption.
- Enabled policy and financial environments to promote SCP Practices and sustainable tourism´s benefits so as to achieve higher green financing investments.
- Created a panel of experts in SCP Practices and Travelife certification for the Tourism Sector of Kazakhstan.
- Developed a networking platform to promote the most successful SCP Practices in order to replicate and disseminate the activities and results of this project in other MSMEs of the Tourism Sector of Kazakhstan.
- Collaborated with existing European sustainable tourism networks and participated in SWITCH-Asia networking activities.
Furthermore, the expected impacts of the project are:
- Reduction of water consumption by 25% and energy consumption by 25% in a representative sample of the Tourist Accommodation Sector of Kazakhstan.
- Increase in percentage of recycling waste by 20%, local employment by 15%, and number of tourists by 15% in a representative sample of the Tourist Accommodation Sector of Kazakhstan.
- Increase SCP investments by 40% in a representative sample of the Tourist Accommodation Sector of Kazakhstan.
- Around 500,000 tourists reached through sustainable awareness campaigns.
- Disseminate project results and guides to around 1,000 MSMEs of the Tourism Sector of Kazakhstan.
- Around 500 people participating in activities and events of the project.